Gluten-free, vegan, dairy free
Servings: 16-20 squares
Prep time: 15 mins
Bake time: 30 mins
- 1 cup nut butter or seed butter (I used 1/2 cup pumpkin & 1/2 cup tahini butter)
- 1 1/2 cup ground gluten-free oats
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato (can substitute 2 mashed bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used “Made Good”, semi-sweet chocolate chips because they are dairy free, Gluten-Free, nut free, soy free)
- Flax egg or egg if not vegan
- Note: for flax egg, in a small bowl add 2 1/2 tsp of ground flax plus 3 Tbsp water, mix thoroughly and let sit till thickened.
- Optional: 2 Tbsp chia seeds for extra crunch and energy
- 2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- You can experiment with other toppings
- Mix all ingredients together except chocolate chips and toppings. Mix till smooth.
- Grease pan or line with parchment paper.
- Spread batter in square 9″ by 8″ pan.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and goji berries.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- These freeze well. Good to take on a hike.